Monday, December 21, 2009

Rights to Write: Task Three

Oct. 13- 20

[Description]
Britney Spears
  • What do you think of her change?
  • What do you believe or not believe?
  • What is your judgment based on?
  • Would you change your view if she was your best friend or family?

[My Own Comments]

1. What do you think of her change?
I'm not so familiar with Britney Spears and her performances except a few famous songs. She has been controversial, but as long as her change is positive, I approve of it.

2. What do you believe or not believe?
As for her past, including the notorious records and the reasons that she has claimed, I'm not quite sure whether I should believe them or not. There are too many lies in the show business, but they are primarily none of my business unless they have negative influences on the society. Maybe we should focus on the bright side of her change and ignore what to believe. As a celebrity, she does have the responsibility for her image in the society. Since she has now reformed, the public may give her a chance. We know that she was too young and lost in fame when she hadn't known how to live her own life. We don't expect that she would set good examples but at least no bad examples. As audiences, we just want to see that she's doing her jobs, performing great shows, and control herself.

3. What is your judgment based on?
My judgment is probably based on behaviorism. We can hardly know the complication and sources of her former impropriety. Just stop gossiping and don't bother about that matter. We should encourage any positive changes.

4. Would you change your view if she was your best friend or family?
If she was my best friend or family, my view would remain similar, for the matter is not in what to believe but in how to help her. As friends or family, we should help her deal with her problems and give her emotional support. Furthermore, we should give her sincere advice if she's doing wrong. I think a true and helpful friend would not only spend time hanging out with friends but also being thoughtful of friends' welfare even though some words seem unwelcome.

[My Keypal's Comments and My Response]
Click "Week Three" to read them.

No comments: