Saturday, January 2, 2010

Rights to Write: Task Nine

Dec 10-17 (Task 9 in Week 11)

[Description]
Different teachers usually arrange different classroom activities and assignments for different subject matters (courses). The instructional formats are usually through 1) reading, through 2) listening, through 3) watching, through 4) hands-on activity, through 5) discussion, or through 6) reflection. Very often I find myself get really excited and motivated when we are doing certain activity than the others.
  • Based on your preference, what kind of classroom activity do you like most and which one do you like the least?
  • Can you recall some very fun activity you experienced recently in class? Please describe it.
  • When encountering some kind of difficult knowledge, do you have any strategies to process it?
  • Based on your responses to Q1, Q2, and Q3, can you tell the type of learner you are? Why?
[My Own Comments]

1. Based on your preference, what kind of classroom activity do you like most and which one do you like the least?
I may like the reading activity the least.
If a hands-on activity includes games and role plays, I may like it most. I also like listening and watching for sure. As for discussion and reflection, whether I like them depends on circumstances.

2. Can you recall some very fun activity you experienced recently in class? Please describe it.
The games of Total Physical Response (TPR) in the TESL Methodology class were fun, but they were for children. For adults, I think the role play activities in TESL and Conversation (English Composition and Conversation III) were also very fun. We were given some situations, which turned out to be hilarious.

3. When encountering some kind of difficult knowledge, do you have any strategies to process it?
Knowledge is learned in writing form or hands-on form (skills or abilities). The strategies of the former are to make use of academic resources and to follow efficient steps of learning. The strategies of the latter may involve much practice and concentration.

4. Based on your responses to Q1, Q2, and Q3, can you tell the type of learner you are? Why?
Perhaps I am the type of learner who is more interested in my own or others’ experience.

[My Keypal's Comments and My Response]
Click "Week Eleven" to read them.

No comments: