Saturday, January 2, 2010

Rights to Write: Task Ten

Dec 22-29 (Task 10 in Week 13)

[Description]
Reflection
Our blog project is coming down to the last two weeks.
  • Please offer your suggestions as how we can grade your performance better?
  • Based on the criteria you suggested in Q1, please give a score to yourself and explain how you’ve earned it.
  • Based on the criteria you suggested in Q1, please give a score to your partner and explain how s/he has earned it.
[My Own Comments] Revised!

1. Please offer your suggestions as how we can grade your performance better?
I propose the following criteria for each task, including the responses to the keypals’ articles:
  • Content:
    word count (How many words in the article?);
    relevant to the topic or off topic (Are the questions in the task
    directly answered?);
    originality (creativeness)
  • Structure:
    coherence (Are the ideas logical?);
    organization of paragraphs (Are the ideas well-organized?);
  • Spellings:
    If the article is
    proofread, there will be fewer errors in it.
  • Punctuality:
    Were the articles posted on time?
  • Bonus point:
    Let teachers and teaching assistants choose two best articles (not the best blogs), one for FJU, the other for CCU. The authors will have bonus points, and there will be an announcement on the project website.
2. Based on the criteria you suggested in Q1, please give a score to yourself and explain how you’ve earned it.
I give myself only a passing grade, approximately C, for each of my post wasn’t punctually posted. All I want is to pass the requirements. My remedy for lateness is to enhance the articles with sufficient content, such as the task questions, embedded videos, ordered format, to help readers read them more easily. I hope my remedial effort will be taken into consideration of my score. Thank you!

3. Based on the criteria you suggested in Q1, please give a score to your partner and explain how s/he has earned it.
My partner has been diligent and punctual in the project. Overall, she deserves A or even higher because of this merit. I especially appreciate that she has directly and plainly answered the questions of the tasks. Compared to her posts, mine are a little too long. I also learn some good word choices and expressions from her. Mine are a little too simple (poor vocabulary).

P.S. At first, I put grammar into the criteria because I thought we should improve our writing skills. However, after a second thought, I think I was a little mean. After all, this project is aimed more at reflections than at skills. I keep spellings as a criterion though. It can check how careful the author is. A responsible author will proofread what he or she has written. Fewer wrong spellings deserve higher scores.

[My Keypal's Comments and My Response]
Click "
Week Thirteen" to read them.

No comments: